1 Your package
Explore the man-made island of South Channel Fort and gain exclusive access to the underground fort installation on a private RIB boat 1.5-hour adventure cruise for 8-12 guests.
Built in response to several 'war scares' between Britain and Russia and the threat of invasion, the unique shoal fort was modelled on the 1860 and 1876 Spithead forts used in the National defences of the naval bases and dockyards of Britain.
Military and history enthusiasts will enjoy the tour into the underground keep with it's labyrinth of passages, magazines and descent into the former lives of the officers that lived on the island.
At the South Channel Fort
Taking a guided walk around the fort, you'll not only enjoy the views and the unique birdlife including White-faced Storm Petrels (and potentially Penguins), you'll also gain access to the below ground features such as the Barracks, Kitchen and Ammunition stores which are closed to the public.
A historically, architecturally and now environmentally significant part of Victoria's history, we're delighted to share this little known gem of our region. By doing so, we hope to aid protection and conservation of our significant birdlife, marine life and heritage.
Every trip will teach you something new. The 1.5-hour Private South Channel Fort Boat Tour gives you a personalised view into the military secrets of Port Phillip Bay. Everyone enjoys the stable ride and freedom felt on board our small and robust tour vessel. Open air seating provides all-round view and a feeling of connectedness with the marine environment.
Your friendly crew will guide you as you explore the unique island fort.
- Swift eco style rigid inflatable boat
- Small group tour for a more personalised experience
- Exclusive access to the underground fort complex
- Opportunity to see migrating seasonal wildlife including White-faced Storm Petrels, Penguins and Black-faced Cormorants
- Expert commentary with local qualified guides
Terms & Conditions:
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 5 years of age
- All Guests must be minimum 100cm tall
- Please arrive 15 minutes before tour departure time to ensure you have enough time to check in and make yourself comfortable
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Eligibility of guests to participate in the tour is at the discretion of the Captain who has the right to refuse passage
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Contact us with any queries in relation to your group's specific requirements
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- alarm Duration: 90
- person Age: All Ages
- format_align_left Height: From 100cm
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $660.00
- All Equipment
- Refreshments Available
- Full Instruction
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Boat Day Trips at WaterMaarq?
The minimum age for Boat Day Trips at WaterMaarq is 5 years old.
How long does an Boat Day Trips session at WaterMaarq last?
The average Boat Day Trips session at our WaterMaarq centre is 1 hour 50 minutes.
Is Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Boat Day Trips is busiest at the weekend - and our WaterMaarq centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq open for bookings at weekends?
Boat Day Trips at WaterMaarq is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Boat Day Trips bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Boat Day Trips locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq?
Yes you can buy Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq?
The Boat Day Trips WaterMaarq center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Boat Day Trips centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Boat Day Trips at WaterMaarq?
The average package price of Boat Day Trips at WaterMaarq $660.00. The lowest price is $660.00 with the most expensive option being $660.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
0 LocationsRedeem at 0 Boat Day Trips Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 0 Boat Day Trips locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your Geronigo® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
All Christmas gift cards are valid for 1 year from Christmas Day for no extra charge ... buy early with confidence!
Venue Ref: 1001294-258