1 Your package
Explore the environmentally significant Mud Islands and observe a multitude of thriving birdlife on a private RIB boat 2.5-hour adventure cruise for 8-12 guests.
Departing from Sorrento, a swift ride on the RIB Boat will take you meandering between the sand banks towards the island that sits low on the horizon. Getting ever closer to the landing point the vegetation including saltmarsh, shrubland and seagrasses becomes more obvious.
Arriving at the island, it’s time to wade ashore and enjoy a 1.5hour walk to the lookout and along the untouched beaches. Your first sighting of gannets, terns, cormorants and pelicans will inspire you to seek out more species before returning to the boat for the trip to civilisation.
An internationally significant habitat for many birds, the Mud Islands represent a great spot for birdwatching and up to 70 species have been recorded. Listed as a RAMSAR site, which is an intergovernmental treaty for the conservation of wetlands, visiting the island is a unique experience that connects you with a spectacular insight into one of the Bay’s big secrets.
- Swift eco style rigid inflatable boat
- Small group tour for a more personalised experience
- Exclusive access to the island
- Opportunity to observe diverse species including White-faced Storm Petrels and Black-faced Cormorants
- Insights and commentary with local qualified guides
Terms & Conditions:
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 5 years of age
- All Guests must be minimum 100cm tall
- Please arrive 15 minutes before tour departure time to ensure you have enough time to check in and make yourself comfortable
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Eligibility of guests to participate in the tour is at the discretion of the Captain who has the right to refuse passage
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Contact us with any queries in relation to your group's specific requirements
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- alarm Duration: 150
- person Age: All Ages
- format_align_left Height: From 100cm
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $1100.00
- All Equipment
- Refreshments Available
- Full Instruction
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Tours at WaterMaarq?
The minimum age for Tours at WaterMaarq is 5 years old.
How long does an Tours session at WaterMaarq last?
The average Tours session at our WaterMaarq centre is 2 hours 50 minutes.
Is Tours WaterMaarq open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Tours is busiest at the weekend - and our WaterMaarq centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Tours WaterMaarq open for bookings at weekends?
Tours at WaterMaarq is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Tours bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Tours WaterMaarq center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Tours locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Tours WaterMaarq center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Tours WaterMaarq?
Yes you can buy Tours WaterMaarq gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Tours WaterMaarq vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Tours WaterMaarq?
The Tours WaterMaarq center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Tours centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Tours at WaterMaarq?
The average package price of Tours at WaterMaarq $599.50. The lowest price is $99.00 with the most expensive option being $1,100.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
0 LocationsRedeem at 0 Tours Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 0 Tours locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your Geronigo® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
All Christmas gift cards are valid for 1 year from Christmas Day for no extra charge ... buy early with confidence!
Venue Ref: 1001294-250