1 Choose your package
* EXPERIENCE FRASER ISLAND'S NATURAL BEAUTY THROUGH THIS TRULY ECO ADVENTURE*
Fraser Island Hiking provides all the information you need to get the best out of hiking on Fraser Island and is one of the only businesses that can provide a 4WD transfer to the trails to start your hike.
Take the challenge and adventure of the 3 day and 2 night coast to coast hike! As the name states, this adventure leads you to hike from the East Coast to the West coast of Fraser Island, seeing and experiencing the best Fraser has to offer! See the world famous Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby. Have a real adventure and experience Fraser Islands diverse landscape. See the best of Fraser's spectacular towering rainforest, pristine freshwater lakes, amazing sand blows and great scenic views.
• THIS IS A SELF GUIDED WALK
• 3DAY/ 2NIGHT
• 2-6 person group, we do not let our hikers hike alone (if you are a solo hiker you may book onto a hike if it already has a minimum of 2 people - this is not guaranteed, please enquire online)
• Moderate fitness and walking experience required
• Around 30+km total walking
• Sites: Lake Wabby, Lake McKenzie
• Hike runs from March to October
• No electricity
• No showers and bush drop toilets
DAY 1 - 4.1km
- 8am hikers information session at Fraser Dingo 4WD Adventures office
- 4WD transfer over to the start of the track
- Overnight camping at Lake Wabby hikers camp
DAY 2 - 12km (optional 22.8km)
- Depart camp around 7/8am to start the walk
- Overnight camping at Lake McKenzie hikers camp
DAY 3 - 13.8km
- Depart camp approx. 12pm to hike into Kingfisher
- Meet 4WD transfer at Kingfisher Resort at 4:30pm
- Arrive back to the office around 6:30pm
- Hiker information and safety briefing
- Barge and 4WD transfer
- Maps and itineraries
- Hiking equipment (2 person tent, sleeping map, gas cooker, bowls, cups etc.)
- Hikers camp permits
WHAT TO BRING
- Suitable walking shoes
- Hiking pack (can be hired at $10 each)
- Food not provided, bring your own lightweight options
- Sleeping bags and rain jackets (available for hire at $10 each)
- Credit card taken for bond hiking equipment supplied
- A small number of personal items (swimmers, light clothing)
- Quick try towel
- Torch, water purification tablets, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent
- 1.5Lt bottle to carry water
- A sense of adventure!!
- Pick up's and drop off's available from hostels/ hotels in Urangan
- Free street parking at our office (extra cost for gated parking)
- Extra fee for bag storage (if not stored in your own vehicle)
Please contact us for more information
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $225.00
- Beginners Welcome
- Multiple Challenges
- Full Instruction Provided
- All Equipment Provided
- All Equipment
- Full Instruction
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Tours at Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire?
The minimum age for Tours at Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire is 21 years old.
How long does an Tours session at Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire last?
The average Tours session at our Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire centre is 48 hours 20 minutes.
Is Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Tours is busiest at the weekend - and our Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire open for bookings at weekends?
Tours at Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Tours bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Tours locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire?
Yes you can buy Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire?
The Tours Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Tours centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Tours at Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire?
The average package price of Tours at Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire $408.33. The lowest price is $225.00 with the most expensive option being $655.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
1 LocationsRedeem at 1 Tours Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 1 Tours locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your Geronigo® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
All Christmas gift cards are valid for 1 year from Christmas Day for no extra charge ... buy early with confidence!
Other Experiences at this location
Venue Ref: 1002426-250